“Equation: improved customer service + increased customer satisfaction + increased customer loyalty = an increase in profit”
The point of entry for most customers is with your staff. How does your staff treat people? Customer service can make or break your business. People buy from people. Employees leave bosses, not jobs. So how about putting this aspect of your business under the spotlight today and ask yourself a few hard questions? Read more
Questions to ask:
- What is the attitude of your staff – will they help you retain or lose your clients?
- How would they respond to criticism or negative feedback about their service?
- Are they your biggest supporters & brand ambassadors – what do they say about your establishment when you or management are not around?
- What is your customer’s experience from the time they walk into your establishment until they leave?
- Will they come back and will they bring more people with them?
- Will they willingly be your brand ambassadors because of the very positive experience they received, even when they were unhappy?
- Would they happily refer people to your establishment?
- How were they treated when they were not happy?
- How soon are problems resolved?
“While a variety of elements go into creating a successful business, customer service is center-stage. Every interaction the company has with a customer (or potential customer) can affect the business’ bottom line. Often, customer service is what separates companies that thrive from those that fail. This is why it is imperative that businesses invest in quality customer service training programs.
Offering customer service training to your employees doesn’t just add-value for the customer; it can drive sales and give you a strong competitive advantage. In today’s post we will examine four benefits that customer service training programs yield for the organization, employees and customers.
- Higher Employee Motivation & Engagement: Providing training on customer service allows employees to greater understand the impact their role has on the organization. A company that invests in training shows their employees that they care about continual development and progress. In turn this makes employees more engaged in the company and therefore more motivated. Employees then become more efficient and better equipped to deal effectively with customers. You can increase engagement a step further by having employees involved in the development of the training program by asking for their feedback which becomes a training needs assessment.
- Improved Customer Service Skills: Through customer service training, employees improve their skills and/or acquire new ones. Specific customer service training programs focus on improving communication, listening, problem-solving and organizational skills. Training employees on the same set of competencies gives them a standard process to deal with customers and creates a sense of team spirit. The increased motivation and engagement coupled with the new skills creates improved customer service in the company.
3) Increased Customer Satisfaction: Improving the quality of your customer service through training leads to an increase in customer satisfaction, retention and loyalty. Through effective training, customer service representatives increase their ability to resolve issues and decrease the number of return calls. Often, trained employees are able to address the concern at the first point of contact, which greatly increases customer satisfaction. The improved manner that employees interact with customers leads to the consumer feeling appreciated and respected. This appreciation is critical to the company’s success as it is the basis for repeated patronage and customer loyalty.
4) Rise in Profit: What quality customer service training allows the company to achieve is higher customer retention, the acquisition of new customers, reduced employee turnover and increased sales. The training has a great impact on employee motivation and morale, which leads to increased productivity. Through the customer service training employees come together to achieve a common goal, which is to satisfy the customer. Think of it as an equation: improved customer service + increased customer satisfaction + increased customer loyalty = an increase in profit.
At Ed-Unique we custom design Lifeskills training programmes to meet our individual customer needs. Give us a call today and discuss how we could add value to your staff. 082 411 5002