Ed-Unique has been existence for more than 14 years as it was established by Stella Heuer in the Eastern Cape in 2003. From small beginnings we have relocated our head office to Cape Town in 2012.
What we do:
- We design unique effective & creative training and Human Resource solutions
- We hand pick facilitators who combine subject matter expertise and a passion to work with and connect with people
- We use facilitators who understand the culture of our participants
- When required we provide training in the mother tongue of our trainees
- We are willing to be honest and tell clients what we believe will work and what will not work
- We look beyond the obvious and strive to get to the core of all problems so as to provide effective workable solutions
What we do not do:
- We don’t do tick box training for the sake of doing it
- We do not use a “one size fits all” model
- We do not work with clients who are not motivated to make a genuine meaningful impact
- We do not use facilitators who only have subject matter expertise but no passion to work with and connect with people
- We do not take on projects that are doomed to fail by the way they are set up
I am, proudly, what one would call a “late bloomer!” My personal experience with burnout in 1996 led me on to study Psychology and Social Services and to finding my true passion and talent. I had no idea, prior to studying through Unisa that I have a creative flare for designing training materials and taking complex information and transforming it into user friendly and impactful training interventions. I discovered that I loved working with people and facilitating learning interventions.
My personal history and life experience has given me an insight and great empathy towards people who struggle in life. I do not judge others and believe that we all have the resources and strength to face life, no matter what our circumstances or experiences are. Tomorrow is always a new day ad by changing our thoughts, we change our life.
My journey led to the establishing of Ed-Unique in 2003 and it’s been an exciting journey which has included:
- Designing a Lifeskills Board Game for the EC Education Department, printing 12000 and training 3000 teachers to implement it
- I was winner of the EC Business Women in 2005
- For 10 years I trained, mentored ad coordinated the Peer Education
- Programme at Mercedes Benz
- Designing educational materials that have been used by both corporate companies and government departments
- Worked in various provinces of South Africa
- Developing programmes that include many soft skills that are essential for workplace success
- Current Partnership with Thandi which expands the scope of interventions we offer our clients
“Where Training is more than a Science. It is an Art”!